Strathmere 4th of July Parade 2005
Photos by Carol Baker
More photos & winners are listed below
Parade Officials would like to say 'Thank You' to everyone who helped with the parade.
Thank you . . .
To the Improvement Association who sponsor the parade and fund the trophies.
To the Fire Department for moving the parade along and for traffic control
To the lifeguards for assisting the fire department
To Uncle Bills for feeding the firemen a pre-parade breakfast.
To Elizabeth Bergus who carefully selects and donates the parade favors given to the participants at sign-up.
To Horace Lorrillier and the Strathmere church for the pre-parade patriotic music.
To all of the volunteer registars and judges
To the Brown, Scanlon & Carpenter families for hosting the after parade gathering on their deck on what is already a very busy
day for them. Thank you for the hospitality and for the hot dogs & sodas.
And most importantly, Thank you to everyone who participated in the parade, and who cheered along the parade route.
These parade photos were sent to us by Dave Townsend from
Strathmere Fishing & Environmental Club
The next 4 photos were sent to us by The Green Family.
Their 'Irish Eyes are Smiling' entry won 2nd place in the mixed walkers.
Here are some of the winners -
Motorized Floats -
- 1st place - 'Bring The Fireworks back to Strathmere' - Deitz
- 2nd place - 'Strathmere - The Jersey Shore's Pot of Gold' - Geisser
Wagons & hand pulled floats -
- 1st place - 'Shoebees' - Roland
- 2nd place - 'God Bless America' - Brittin
Mixed Walkers -
- 1st place - 'Strathmere Circus' - Gregory/Frank
- 2nd place - 'Irish Eyes are smiling' - Green family
Adult walkers -
- 1st place - 'The Great Plover Roundup' - Desperate Housewives
- 2nd place - 'Clown' - Miss Annie
Coaches & Strollers -
- 1st place - 'Salute to the Military' - Furey Boys
- 1nd place - 'The Sun shines brighter in Strathmere' - Buckland Family
Bikes, Trikes & Strollers -
- 1st place - 'Uncle Sam Red, white & blue' - Bucklans
- 2nd place - 'Red, white & blue' - Dunns
Send your parade photos to email@example.com
Strathmere Website - Home